Since Thanksgiving is TOMORROW, I would like to share my list of current commodities I’m thankful for this year. Some items are a bit deeper than others, but what’s the point of life if you can’t laugh at yourself/joke when you’re not supposed to/eat popcorn in your bed?
- My cohabited tiny box-aka my apartment. This June my boyfriend and I decided to move in together. The experience has been wonderful and almost too easy of a transition. I still love me some Meg Time, but living with your significant other isn’t too bad after all. Stay tuned for an additional post on our full apartment decor, pictured above.
- Vodka: the one consistency in my life. Reliable, profound and eccentric, vodka is always there when I need her. She doesn’t punish me the next day and her relationship with club soda and lime is something we should all strive to emulate.
- The NPR Politics Podcast. If you’re looking to get into your first podcast, or even trying something new: STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND DOWNLOAD THIS NOW. Seriously, this podcast has given me life and knowledge during this past year. With new episodes every Thursday, it’s easy to follow and gives you good citizen brownie points, because current events matter!
- My new coffee treat: a Blonde Soy Misto. As the winter months approach, my wonderful (instead of “very special”. Alliteration sounds better) work pal Deirdre turned me onto this new coffee twist, which is essentially steamed coffee with soy milk. Lactose intolerant women everywhere: let us rejoice.
- The art of looking up, literally. Living in a city can strip you of the experience of being in nature, but I recently read about the importance of looking up. It may sound silly but I find myself doing this all the time now. Simply focusing your gaze on the sky for a few moments is an effective way to improve your mood and center yourself. I encourage you to try this next time you’re stressed and note how you feel after.
- GroupMe: An app where my intelligent, witty and sometimes morally corrupt pals come together daily to remind each other, there’s no line in comedy.
- Last but certainly not least, my queen, my girl, my sun, my moon: Hillary Clinton. I am thankful to Hill, for lighting a fire under my privileged/safe/comfortable butt to go out and be the change I wish to see in the world.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!