It feels so good to be back, and even better alive, after four days in Las Vegas.
I traveled to Las Vegas to celebrate a “ten years of friendship” anniversary with five of my best friends from high school. I am happy to say Las Vegas lived up to both every expectation in my mind and every stereotype created by Hollywood. It is definitely “America’s Playground” and a bucket list place to visit with your friends. Las Vegas requires a YOLO attitude and lots of energy, but just remember to make the most of the short time you are there. Personally, I think three nights and four days were plenty of time for me, but to each their own.
Below is a list and photos I created based on the best things to do in Las Vegas. So do yourself a favor and book a ticket to Sin City today.
- WYNN LAS VEGAS RESORT. We stayed at the Wynn and had an amazing time. Everything from the lobby to casino to our view and even our bathroom was beautiful, clean, and nicely decorated. Not to mention we spent Monday lounging by the amazing pool, jacuzzi, and cabana area. The only downfall is the Wynn is not centrally located on the Las Vegas strip but there are a plethora of cabs and SUVs waiting to take you to your next destination. Overall, if you’re looking to spend a little more for a beautiful place to call home during your visit, the Wynn Las Vegas Resort is the place to stay.
WHERE TO EAT:
- NOBU Las Vegas. Located at the Hard Rock Hotel, we decided if the Kardashians dine here, we will also give it a try. I was pleased with both the service and the cuisine. Our party of six ordered a varitey of dishes to share. My only complaint is that I felt the ambiance was someone lacking and out of place with the rest of over-the-top Las Vegas decor. If you are in the mood for delicious sushi or Japanese cuisine definitely stop by Nobu. They also have a bar and full collection of different saki and cocktails, which is always a great way to start the night.
- LAGO. This Italian style tapas cuisine was delicious and also offered a great feel with views of the Bellagio Fountains. Located in the Bellagio Hotel, the food was delicious and came in smaller portions. Definitely order more than one item for yourself. I ordered the caesar salad and homemade meatballs and was pleasantly fulfilled after. The Lago Las Vegas also has an extensive wine collection and a bar as well.
- IN-AND-OUT BURGER. Hailing from the East Coast, we do miss out on some wonderful things, like In-and-Out Burger. On our last day in Las Vegas we stopped by the famous fast food restaurant and ordered burgers, fries, and shakes. This was honestly the perfect meal after three nights in Las Vegas. It’s affordable, delicious, and its exclusivity makes it a must try in Vegas.
WHAT TO DO:
- HAKKASAN Las Vegas. This nightclub, located in the MGM Grand, was our first club stop. Unlike some of the other clubs we visited, Hakkasan Las Vegas was completely inside, but well equipped with a large dance floor facing the DJ booth, and many VIP sections. If you aren’t meeting a club promoter here to get you in, be sure to visit early since there was a decent line forming at 11PM.
- ENCORE BEACH CLUB. Our first day in Vegas we went to the Encore Beach day club hosting a Las Vegas “pool party.” Essentially, it is an all out party, with drinking in the pool as well as surrounding cabanas. This club was located in the Encore hotel which was attached to our hotel, the Wynn resort. I highly recommend visiting this awesome location but arrive early, as we waited in line at noon.
- SURRENDER NIGHT CLUB. This nightclub was really unique in that half of it was the Encore Beach Club, and the other portion inside. Inside there is a dance floor facing the DJ booth and, again, many VIP cabanas that also spread to the outside portion of the Las Vegas Nightclub. I highly recommend visiting this spot because it offers the best of both worlds and allows you to dance inside and then wander outside to cool down by the pool.
- MARQUEE DAY CLUB. Located at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the Marquee Day Club was similar to the Encore Beach Club, just slightly smaller in size. The wait was also much shorter here. The Cosmopolitian is located on the Las Vegas strip, so it is easy to walk around and explore after the beach party is over. I especially liked this place because of its proximity to the strip and smaller size.
- XS Las Vegas. This was a unique nightclub because it was a completely outside club and also a night-time pool party. Located again in the Encore, half the attendees wore dresses and heels and the other half swimsuits. In hindsight I wish I brought my suit and joined the second half, but it was still an awesome club overall. I will say the only downside of nightclubs strictly outside is the Vegas heat is very real and can have a turn-down effect.